SQL Server 2012 Release Candidate 0 is now available for download. SQL Server 2012 RC0 (previously code-named Denali) includes several new capabilities (most of which are related to the release’s new features) that weren’t available in SQL Server Denali CTP3, including the following:
- AlwaysOn—SQL Server 2012 RC0 offers multiple readable secondaries in AlwaysOn, which lets you better distribute backup and reporting workloads, and it now supports the FileTable and FILESTREAM data types.
- Resource Governor—According the SQL Server Team Blog, SQL Server 2012’s Resource Governor includes several new capabilities, including support for 64 resource pools, enhanced CPU usage controls, and enhanced resource allocation.
- Cloud Computing—SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) now supports snapshot backups to Windows Azure.
- Data Quality Services and Master Data Services—This release provides Change Data Capture (CDC) support for Oracle.
- Power View—The data visualization tool includes new features with SQL Server 2012 RC0.