There has been issues with Windows Live Writer recently mailn it is not able to connect to the blogger account. After searching i found this thread.
It says, this was due to a configuration change from the google end.
“Today we ended support for ClientLogin OAuth 1 (3LO), AuthSub, and OpenID2, and started the shutdown process. Clients attempting to use these services will begin to fail and must be migrated to OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect.”
However, There is an alternative for this tool called Open Live writer which can be downloaded at http://openlivewriter.org/.
This is my first post from Open Live Writer. But this does not have taggings.
These are the known issues of this tool.
- You need to remove your old Google Blogger accounts from Open Live Writer first. After removing them, click the 'Add blog account...' button in Open Live Writer to set up your Google Blogger accounts. When setting up your new blog account, make sure to choose the ‘Google Blogger’ option on the first page. Don’t choose ‘Other’.
- Scheduling a published post may be a few hours off.
- Categories are no longer supported in the latest Blogger API v3.
- Support for authors, tags and comment policies is not enabled yet.
- Attempting to login to Google Blogger with 0 blogs will show an error message. Please create a blog on http://www.blogger.com first before using Open Live Writer.
- After logging into Google Blogger in your browser, you may need to manually close the webpage and switch back to Open Live Writer.